On 12 Feb 2008 06:50:37 -0000, girish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>        I'm using agent-subagent approach in my application
>         I'm using send_v2trap to send the inform request to master.
> Once I send a request to master I need to retrieve the request id to
> process the inform response. How can I do this???

You can't - the response packet is handled by the agent framework.
It isn't passed back to the MIB module code.

The design of the Net-SNMP agent trap API is that a MIB module
requests that a notification be sent, and that's the end of its
responsibility.  Questions of trap versions, where the traps should
go, and how to handle responses are left to the main agent code.

There's simply no mechanism for passing this information back
to the MIB code.