So, cant I inform my subagent by any means that master has gone down and u stop
receiving the informs from other module and not to forward to master???On 18
Feb 2008 09:36:34 -0000 "girish"  wrote  Thanks for the reply Dave.Why I'm
asking for this is I need to set some flag in my subagent code when ever master
goes down. Once master comes up I need to reset that flag so that my subagent
will not receive any notifications untill master has came up. On Mon, 18 Feb
2008 09:33:51 +0000 "Dave Shield"  wrote  On 18 Feb 2008 06:54:39 -0000, girish
 wrote:  >  I want to know how we can get information that master and
subagents  > have been connected.    Not possible, I'm afraid.  The
connection from the subagent to the master isn't done until *after* the
"init_agent" routine is processed.   This is because the config file settings
(handled by the "init_snmp" call) may specify the AgentX connection to use.  So
the subagent cannot connect to the master until fairly late in the
  initialization cycle ("SNMP_CALLBACK_POST_READ_CONFIG").      >   Also
whenever master goes down i want to inform the same to my subagent.    If you
have set the AgentX ping interval (e.g. using the config directive
agentxPingInterval), then the subagent will try to maintain contact with the
master agent, and attempt to re-connect if this connection is lost.     This is
handled by the main (sub)agent framework code.  You don't have  to worry about
this yourself.    Dave        Regards,  Girish

Regards,
Girish