Hi,

I have built net-snmp 5.4.1 in an buildroot environment. The build in this
environment completed without errors. However, it is not working.

Starting snmpd -H directly (in ./agent) I get the message:

Can't modify /home/net-snmp-5.4.1/snmplib/.libs/libnetsnmp.so.15's text
section. Use GCC option -fPIC for shared objects, please.

Running make test, I get

./RUNTESTS -a -D `pwd`/..
1:testing SNMPv1 support...(no pid file(s) found)FAIL
2:testing SNMPv2c get of system.sysUpTime.0...(no pid file(s) found)FAIL

It goes on like this.

Well, unfortunately I am no expert of buildroot, so I am not sure whether
net-snmp was not built properly -- and what would have to be done to fix it,
or whether one just cannot test and run snmp in the buildroot environment.

Anyway, in this environment net-snmp was built without C++ support -- as far
as I know -- and with uClibc, if that means anything.

Thanks in advance for any help,

-Karl.