Dave,

Thanks Dave,  Now  i understood  why you asking us to omit
"--with-openssl=...." option.  By omitting this we can encrypt snmp v3
messages right ??

Sure i will try it and let you know on this soon.

Dave  i have one  more  question, Where i will get snmp ping tool ??,  Is
there way i can achieve through net snmp ??

"Dave Shield" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
04/08/2008 10:02

Umesh Kamath/India/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
cc
net-snmp-users@lists.sourceforge.net, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject
Re: Net-SNMP (ASAP)

On 08/04/2008, Umesh Kamath <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> We have installed  Net Snmp with option
"with-openssl=/opt/perl_modules/bin/openssl"
> and  it  is working fine except  snmp v3  message encryption option.

In other words, the bit that doesn't work is the very bit that
actually uses OpenSSL.

I've suggested how to get this working  (omit "--with-openssl=....")
If you are unwilling to follow those recommendations,
then there's not much more I can do.

Dave

<<image/gif>>