From: Birgit Arkesteijn [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2008 6:24 AM
To: Josh Bers
Cc: 'List for discussion of the Westhawk SNMP stack'
Subject: Re: FW: sending V3 traps with trapsess

Dear Josh,

I've had problems in the past, but I think it's not the same problem, see
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=20060206182223.GB36
13%40westhawk.co.uk&forum_name=net-snmp-users

Unfortunately Wes' answer to my latest posting is omitted from this
view. I seem to remember he agreed with me, though.

I can only get trapsess to work with -l noAuthNoPriv.
My note in snmpd.conf says:
# Keep getting parsing failed errors

Sorry, Birgit

On 09/04/08 22:36, Josh Bers wrote:
> Has anyone been able to get net-snmp to send authenticated and encrypted
v3
> traps to a Westhawk manager... I am running into loads of problems using
> net-snmp 5.3.1. It never seems to use the local user name or USM security
> parameters!
>
> Any pointers would be much appreciated.
>
> Josh

-- Birgit Arkesteijn, [EMAIL PROTECTED],
-- Westhawk Ltd, Albion Wharf, 19 Albion Street, Manchester M1 5LN, UK
-- Company no: 1769350
-- Registered Office:
-- 15 London Road, Stockton Heath, Warrington WA4 6SJ. UK.
-- tel.: +44 (0)161 237 0660