Hi all,
I've installed a newer net-snmp version (5.4) and edited configuration file. It
works well.
Now I want to extend my agent. I put my mib file under usr/share/snmp/mibs. It
is possible now -before writing my functions code on skeleton given by mib2c-
to test my private MIB by making an snmptranslate and see if the agent can
translate oids into their litteral form?
If yes, is it necessery to restart snmpd or something else? because when i
copied my mib file under usr/share/snmp/mibs and made a snmptranslate, it
failed:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] 1.3.6.1.4.50000.1.1.0
SNMPV2-SMI::private.50000.1.1.0

Thanks for your help, i'm a begineer.