2008/5/19 Raghavendra Prasad <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> It is difficult to unpack the 5.4.1 for every compilation, as I store
> my source(user) files under /agent/mibgroup/MyFiles/

The simplest approach is probably to store your source files
somewhere outside the main Net-SNMP source tree, and
link this location into the mibgroup directory immediately
before running configure.

i.e
     mv net-snmp-5.4.1/agent/mibgroup/MyFiles  $HOME
     rm -rf net-snmp-5.4.1
     tar xzf net-snmp-5.4.1.tar.gz
     cd net-snmp-5.4.1
     ln -s $HOME/MyFiles agent/mibgroup/MyFiles
     configure --with-mib-modules=MyFiles/myFiles ....
     make

>> Please note that "make distclean" only cleans up what it thinks it needs to
>> clean up
>> according to the last invocation of configure. Once you've started to do
>> another
>>./configure run with different options without having done "make distclean"
>>before,
>>you need to start with a fresh directory again to clean up properly.
>
> I noticed that "make distclean" removes the Makefile completely?  So
>` that should not leave any scope for retaining the old configuration
> settings.

It *shouldn't* keep the old settings - no.
But given that you are currently having problems,
it's probably a safer way of working.