On Wed, Jul 02, 2008 at 12:32:00PM +0200, Thomas Anders wrote:
> stan wrote:
> > I am _finally_ trying to do a fairly large deployment of cricket and
> > nagios. I still have a handful of old Sparc machines running SunOS 5.5.1.
> > On one of these machines, i have a really old build environment (GCC
> > 2.7.2.1). I am trying to build /net-snmp-5.4.1.2, and running into compiler
> > errors. The first of these was a cast error that I _think_ I sorted out.
> > Now I am running into type mismatches.
> >
> > Does anyone have an idea where I can get a compile binary for this OS?
> > Or some help working through the build?
>
> Feel free to post the *details* of your build problems. I'm doing regular
> build tests on Solaris 2.6 and up only, though. Solaris 2.5.1 and gcc 2.7.2.1
> are quite old, so it's quite possible that you're running into problems you
> cannot fix without upgrading/patching one or the other. But let's look at the
> problems first.

Thanks for helping! I'll start with the first error, which I tried
ahckingaround, but it has been _years_ since I ported packages, so I am not
certain my hack was correct.

Hee is the first build failure:

snmp_vars.c: In function `add_to_init_list':
snmp_vars.c:394: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a
cast
snmp_vars.c:400: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a
cast
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `snmp_vars.lo'
Current working directory
/usr/local/westvaco/src/pd/ucd-snmp/net-snmp-5.4.1.2/agent
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `subdirs'

Line 394 is

    cp = strtok_r(cp, ", :", &st);

so I am thinking a cast will fix this, Something like:

    cp = (void *) strtok_r(cp, ", :", &st);

or is this wrong?

For right now, I am going to try this to get the next build failure.

programs.