(I apologise if this comes in twice, I am having mail issues and am not sure
if the first one made it...)

I am seeing a strange issue with returning the OID that I just walked using
snprint_objid()  When I do a GETNEXT using SNMP V1, the function returns the
OID in a dotted number notation (with the exception of the first number,
which always comes back as "iso"), so my OID returned looks like:
"iso.3.6.1.2.1.1.4.0"

However, when I do a GETNEXT using SNMP v3, snprint_objid() returns the OID
in a "MIB::oidname.number" format instead, e.g. "SNMPv2-MIB::sysContact.0"

Does anyone know why I might be seeing such a discrepancy?  Unfortunately,
other parts of the application have grown to rely on the OID coming back in
the "iso.3.6.1..." format, so I would like to find a way at a minimum to get
OIDs returned from V3 walks to look like their V1 counterparts (however it
would actually be handy if I could get the OID to return in *both* formats
for V1 and V3).  How would I do this?

Interestingly, the snmpget utility that was built on my machine at the same
time I built the net-snmp client library always returns this in a
"MIB::oidname.number" format, regardless of the version of the protocol
used.

Thanks for any help,
Brad Navarro