I use the following ldflags in ./configuration step,

'--with-ldflags=-L/data/projects/cdspr/sw/app/snmp/common
-L/data/projects/cdspr/sw/app/snmp/isl/elib
-L/data/projects/cdspr/sw/app/snmp/isl/tos/linux/x86 -lTOS  -lelib
-lcommon'

where libraries libTOS.so, libelib.so and libcommon.so are present in
the paths /data/projects/cdspr/sw/app/snmp/isl/tos/linux/x86,
/data/projects/cdspr/sw/app/snmp/isl/elib,
/data/projects/cdspr/sw/app/snmp/isl/tos/linux/x86  respectively

The configure step fails and in the config.log it compalins that these
libraries are not found, but when I set the environment variable as
below

export
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/data/projects/cdspr/sw/app/snmp/common:/data/projects/cdspr/sw/app/snmp/isl/elib:/data/projects/cdspr/sw/app/snmp/isl/tos/linux/x86

it doesn't  complain and it works fine.

The question now is how to provide this path in ./configure step  itself ????