Hello!

I'm curious if anyone has any suggestions for resources on how
to properly design MIBs, especially traps.

Basically, I have lots of entities, and each entity has lots of
fields, each of which can be in a few states (often 'BAD' or 'OK')

It seems I can encode 'entity', 'field', 'value' in a single trap
and have very few traps defined in my MIB, or I could go the opposite
extreme and have one trap for every field + value combination (and
still encode 'entity').

I'm interested in the preferred design..

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>