Hi Laurence.

I have documented how to configure Windows to forward event log messages
as SNMP traps when using the Microsoft SNMP service:

http://www.snmptt.org/docs/snmptt.shtml#EventWin

If you are using the winExtDLL version of Net-SNMP then it should work
without the Microsoft SNMP service running.  If not, then you can
configure the Microsoft SNMP service to listen on a different port so it
doesn't conflict with Net-SNMP (see the Net-SNMP README.win32 file) and
configure it to not accept queries from any hosts except localhost (not
required, but a good idea).

Alex