On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 12:46:57AM +0530, Ambika Tripathy wrote:

> And my snmpd version is net-snmp-5.0.11.2 and sorry to mention that I had
> modified the agent\mibgroup\mibII\interfaces.c file to handle long long type
> integer. Today I show the 5.4.2.1 version supports 64 but not the 5.0.11.2
> and I found if my interface modification is not there, then 32 bit is unable
> to get the value in 5.0.11.2 version.

To coin a phrase, "you broke it, you bought it."

> But my question is since it is coming with snmpget and snmpwalk why I can't
> the same value using perl script I have attached below? I have build the
> same source codes for perl also.

nd I looked back at that script, which begins

#!/usr/bin/perl

# interface.pl

use Net::SNMP;

The Net::SNMP module isn't from Net-SNMP.  You'll have to ask the
authors that question.
--
Roy M. Silvernail is [EMAIL PROTECTED], and you're not
   "A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy."