Our company uses the Orion snmp monitoring tool to monitor systems in
our environment.  We have had no problems monitoring systems with this
tool, however our HP UX systems only come with very basic SNMP
monitoring enabled (Essentially, up down and that is it).  We would like
to monitor Disk, CPU, Network interface...  More than what the HP UX
SNMP system does by default.  Through some threads on the internet I was
able to find the IEXpress net-snmp bundle that is out of HP's web site
and download it.  I have installed this software on a HPUX 9000/800
system running 11.23.  It appears this bundle was specifically made for
this system.  Since I am new to the SNMP added software I don't know the
steps to get this running and monitoring the system correctly.  Can
someone give me a step by step on how to set this up on this type of
system?  If there is something on the web site that gives this step by
step that is fine.  I am just not seeing a straight forward way to do
this, and I don't want to reinvent the wheel if I don't have to.  I
would also like to make sure the original SNMP daemon that comes with
the HP OS is disabled and I am using the net-snmp software for SNMP
monitoring.  Thanks in advance for any information.

Paul R. Hogan

Computer System Engineer

Enterprise Information Technology

HAWORTH, INC.

One Haworth Center

Holland, MI 49423

direct    616.393.3756

fax       616.396.9389

www.haworth.com <http://www.haworth.com>

NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY:  The contents of this e-mail message and any
attachments are intended for the addressee(s) named in this message.
This communication is intended to be and to remain confidential.  If you
are not the intended recipient of this message, or if this message has
been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender by
reply e-mail and then delete this message and its attachments.  Do not
deliver, distribute or copy this message and/or any attachments and, if
you are not the intended recipient, unless immediately and permanently
deleted, recipient hereby agrees to protect this transmission and any
documents, files or previous messages attached (confidential
information) in the same manner in which recipient acts to protect
his/her/its own confidential information.