On Thu, 2008-12-04 at 15:09 +0530, Ambika Tripathy wrote:
> Hi Experts,
>
>             I am facing problem in executing snmpd? It exits. When I
> gdb it I found below errors.
>
> (gdb) run -Lo -Le
>
> Starting program: /usr/local/sbin/snmpd -Lo -Le
>
> Program exited normally.
> (gdb) Error opening specified endpoint ""
> Error opening specified endpoint ""
> Server Exiting with code 1
> Server Exiting with code 1
>
> Please help me to resolve the issue.

First of all, please do not crosspost.

There are in fact two issues at hand.

     1. When you are debugging snmpd you really want to run it with the
        -f flag. See the documentation and understand.
     2. You can't open any endpoint. Here I don't know enough to give a
        conclusive answer but I'd guess that the problem is that you
        haven't got sufficient priviliges to start listening on port
        161.

Oh yes, there is one more thing, -Le -Lo means to send every log to both
stderr and stdout. I think one is enough.

So, does

(gdb) run -Lo -f udp:50000

work any better for you?

/MF