Hello Everyone,

During using the Net-SNMP, there is a problem about cloning a new snmpv3 user
by SNMPv3 MIB. The problem is summarized as below. Please give me your hand if
you have any good idea. Thanks!

I use SNMP interface (SNMPv3 MIB) to clone a v3 user through “net-snmp-config”
and trigger a save request by setting the “versionSavePersistentData” object.
Then, I use such new user to access the MIB tree, The result is failed and it
can’t access any MIB objects. I stop the snmpd and check both two snmpd.conf
(regular and persistent), I find that only the persist file was written, and
there’s no any information of new user in regular file.

I try to add a rwuser line for that new user in regular snmpd.conf and re-run
the snmpd again. The MIB objects can be accessed through the new user account.

Does anyone explain above issue? Is it the correct behavior of Net-SNMP? If we
hope the Net-SNMP to handle the new user automatically for both of
configuration files, how do we do? What are the corrected steps to clone a
snmpv3 user by SNMP interface without adding any other configuration line?

Yedda