OoO En  cette aube naissante du  dimanche 21 décembre  2008, vers 07:56,
"Lucian Romi" <romi.luc...@gmail.com> disait :

> My code
> "
>     u_char response[1];

>     case MODE_GET:
>         response[0] = 0x69;
>         snmp_set_var_typed_value(requests->requestvb, ASN_OCTET_STR,
>                                  (u_char *)response, 1);
>         break;

> Output for snmpget.

> SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.27594.2.1.1.24.0 = STRING: "i"

> Interesting thing is if I set my response to a small number, say 0x06. It's
> showing my desire value 06.

If the  string contains non  printable characters, snmpget  will display
the string as an hex string.

I don't quite understand why you  don't want to use ASN_INTEGER, even if
you store the int  as a byte in your program. Using  a MIB, you can also
use a display hint to force displaying the octet string in hex format.
--
Don't over-comment.