2009/3/31 parveen yadav <parveenya...@coraltele.com>:
> When i have given walk request it is extracting data from agent.

Yup.

> during this process i have given another walk request for same table.

OK

> since agent is returning data to for request one by one.
> the data for other request should start coming after finish of first
> request.

No.   Why should it?

Remember that it's the "snmpwalk" which is walking the table,
not the agent.   The agent just sees a sequence of GETNEXT
requests, which it processes individually.

>                But it starts immediately.

That's right.

The agent is still seeing a sequence of GETNEXT requests.
It doesn't care that they are now coming from two places instead
of one, or that the OIDs are jumping back and forth.
      It just answers each request as it sees it.

> so either my table handler is called from two request handlers at same time
> or there is some session unmaintained for each request.

Remember that the agent is not simply processing two requests.
It will be processing dozens of them - one for each entry in the table.
So there's no problem at all in interleaving these two sets of requests.

> just a simple query but it might clear few doubts about snmp agent.

It feels as if you have misunderstood how "snmpwalk" works.
There is no "WALK" request in SNMP - just GET and GETNEXT (+)
It's up to the "snmpwalk" command to chain GETNEXT requests
together, in order to retrieve the whole table.

Dave

  (+) Please - can nobody mention GETBULK.   That will just muddy the waters!