        As are web searches.  That's not the point.  Wikipedia is not a citable
reference, if for no other reason than that the content is subject to change
without notice, so what I read may not be the same thing you read.

        Also, while the RFCs are reasonably authoritative for SNMP, that is not
the case for all protocols (*koff*source routing*KOFF*).  There are some, most
notably SMTP, for which reading RFCs is generally considered counterproductive.
 I prefer good secondary sources for technical material - for IP I look to
Stevens vol 1:

http://www.amazon.com/TCP-Illustrated-Protocols-Addison-Wesley-Professional/dp/0201633469/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1240007471&sr=8-1

        This touches, but does not elaborate on, the issue of fragmentation, at
least for UDP (pg 148).  I'm overdue for a re-read, but the old rule of thumb
to not rely on fragmentation to work is still sound advice.

        HTH,

Mike