Hi,

firstly: forgive me if this is the incorrect mailing list.

I am attempting to build an RPM of netsnmp 5.4.2.1 however the release has a
bug with it's tcpwrappers, an official patch has been released recently,
however I am unable to add it in to the build.  Attempts to perform the
patch manually also fail as well as creation of diff's from newer (patch
commited apparently) snmpUDPDomain.c (rev 17367) and the one that comes with
5.4.2.1 show a significant number of changes - many more than the patch has.

I am quite new to building with rpm so please bare with me

*SPECS file contains*:

*Patch34: snmpUDPDomain-fixTCPWrappers.patch*
*...*
*%patch34 -p1 -b .fixTCPWrappers*
**
*

**The errors once I attempt a build all*:

+ echo 'Patch #34 (snmpUDPDomain-fixTCPWrappers.patch):'
Patch #34 (snmpUDPDomain-fixTCPWrappers.patch):
+ patch -p1 -b --suffix .fixTCPWrappers -s
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file snmplib/snmpUDPDomain.c.rej
error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.2993 (%prep)

RPM build errors:
    Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.2993 (%prep)

There are other patches before and after this particular one, however I have
them all commented out in an attempt to isolate the error.  I've tried quite
a few different things, changing the path-cut variable (p0-p5).

The commited revision for this patch is located here:
http://net-snmp.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/net-snmp/branches/V5-4-patches/net-snmp/agent/?view=log&pathrev=17367
Patch is found here:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2505837&group_id=12694&atid=312694

If anyone can offer some direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
_christian

--
Christian Kovacic