From: dave.shi...@googlemail.com [mailto:dave.shi...@googlemail.com] On Behalf
Of Dave Shield
Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2009 2:25 PM
To: Sowmya P Venkatesh
Cc: net-snmp-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: Clarification Needed

2009/5/14 Sowmya P Venkatesh <svenkat...@ixiacom.com>:
> How do we classify a MibNode as Container?
> Can we say that it is a container node if it is not any of following -
> Table,Row,Column,Scalar.

Container isn't really a term that gets used much in SNMP,
but yes - that's sort-of right.

Also note that "internal" MIB objects (those that define the structure
of the MIB tree) and defined as OBJECT-IDENTIFIER rather than
OBJECT TYPE.
   All of the accessible MIB objects (plus tables and rows) are
defined using OBJECT-TYPE