Net-SNMP 5.4.2.1 for Windows was compiled with Activestate Perl v5.8.
5.5 will be compiled using v5.10.  There's a binary for 5.5.pre2
available on the SF site that uses 5.10:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=12694&package_id=11571&release_id=672929

I have never tried using a module compiled under Perl 5.8 with Perl 5.10
but I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't work.  If it does, please let
me know.

Alex