2009/5/28 Joan Landry <joan.lan...@overturenetworks.com>:
>... to make things really simple I decided to see if I could get a
> debug msg out of the agent_trap.c file....

> I used OPTIONS="-Lo -Dtrap
>
> And sent a trap - and verified that the trap was sent.
> And there was no trap debug msg on the output screen or to the log when I
> used -Lf /tmp/snmp.log -Dtrap.

Hmmm...

Can you try with
     OPTIONS="-Lo -Dall"
?
Do you see any debug messages at all?
(If you're not sure, then the answer is no.
 Believe me, you'll know if you're getting debug output with "-Dall" !)

> So for some reason I am not able to get any of the DEBUG msgs.

Please run an "snmpget" request on  UCD-SNMP-MIB::versionConfigureOptions.0
What is the value of this object?