OoO Lors de la soirée naissante du mercredi 08 juillet 2009, vers 18:50,
François Dumont <francoisdumon...@gmail.com> disait :

> Two information to add to my problem :
> First, I didn't notice that, but the problem appears only with enumerated
> types.

> Secondly, I have debugged the script with pdb and it shows that it crashes in
> the file client.py when putting the type (INTEGER) into a list called
> self.__dict__ (line 60 of this file) :

>     {'iid': '17', 'tag': 'rbQoSProfileType', 'type': 'INTEGER', 'val': '0'}

> Maybe these two information will help you finding the problem, because for me,
> I don't know...

Could you give a bit of context for what you have on line 60? I have:

    def __setattr__(self, name, val):
        self.__dict__[name] = STR(val)

I doubt that this could lead to segfault.

I think that you should run your script with gdb:

$ gdb python
gdb> set args yourscript.py
gdb> run
[it crashes]
gdb> bt full

And post the result.

Which distribution are you using?  Adding debug package for libsnmp will
help if they  are available. Or maybe you use your  own libsnmp. In this
case, try to compile it  unstripped. I don't remember, but which version
do you use?

Maybe you have the same bug as here:
if (user_specified)
    /* Didn't work, but the user is convinced this is the
     * place. */
        2.4.0-test2 /usr/src/linux/drivers/parport/parport_pc.c