Ricardo Oliveira wrote:
> traphandle SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.9.9.41.2.0.1 /usr/local/bin/TrapHandler
> --- end ---
>
> The TrapHandler is a C++ executable I made which basically receives a
> trap, forks and dumps the trap to a file, to try and return to the
> snmptrapd as fast as possible (before, I had a perl script, but it was
> way too slow).
>
> The symptoms I have are:
>
> - The trap is generated on the device
> - The trap is received at the interface (seen by tcpdump)
> - The traps never shows on any log file.

On the receiving side: consider switching to an embedded Perl trap handler
which saves snmptrapd from forking on every notification. Depending on your
package, you may need to rebuild net-snmp with embedded Perl support. Run
"snmptrapd -H 2>&1 | grep -i perl" to find out if snmptrapd supports the "perl"
config token.

On the sender side: switch to SNMP INFORM instead of SNMP TRAP. The sender is
expected to re-transmit the notification if it doesn't get a response, then.

+Thomas