From: Mike Ayers [mailto:mike_ay...@tvworks.com]
Sent: Friday, September 11, 2009 3:12 AM
To: Gaikwad, Rupesh; net-snmp-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: Need help on snmpv3 AuthPrev trap

        This is one of the most complex single subjects in computing.  OK, that
may be an overstatement, but it is easily the most complex part of SNMP.  I
suggest you stick to the trapsess directive, which manages the settings for you.

> 2.    What need to set in snmptrapd.conf and how to set it. An example
> would be better option

        I am baffled by the second sentence, but here's a sample entry:

trapsess -v3 -l authNoPriv -u fred-bob -A AuthPassword freds-linux

> 3.    What extra things needs to be set for AuthPrev v3 traps.

        Nothing!  Just change "-l authNoPriv" to "-l authPriv" and provide the
privacy password.  See the snmpcmd manpage for details.

        HTH,

Mike