        We're not trying to cause pain, but we don't really understand your
deployment.  One way to do it is by adding:

[SNIP]
/*  change 1 to portId of a valid disk  */
diskSystemTable_createEntry(1);
[/SNIP]

        Note that there seems to be a bug in your createEntry routine:

[SNIP]
    entry->portID = portID;
    entry->next = diskSystemTable_head;
    diskSystemTable_head = entry;
    return entry;
[/SNIP]

        ...should be...

[SNIP]
    struct diskSystemTable_entry *ptr;

    ptr = diskSystemTable_head;
    while (NULL != ptr->next)
        {
        ptr = ptr->next;
        }

    entry->portID = portID;
    entry->next = NULL;
    ptr->next = entry;

    return entry;
[/SNIP]

        ...if that's a linked list you're building, as opposed to a one-entry
queue..?

        HTH,

Mike