From: dave.shi...@googlemail.com [mailto:dave.shi...@googlemail.com] On
Behalf Of Dave Shield
Sent: Thursday, December 10, 2009 1:42 PM
To: Mohd Arif
Cc: net-snmp-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: Query Regarding Implementation of MIB Modules for IGMP and
PIM-SM

2009/12/10 Mohd Arif <mohd.a...@nechclst.in>:

> mib2c will help to provide a C framework by converting .mib files
> into C files.
>
> But I think we need to do some implementations within that framework.

That's exactly right.
The mib2c script will generate a code framework, set up for returning
values for the various objects within the given MIB.   But it cannot
know *what* information should be returned - that's up to the
implementer to provide.

So yes - you need to take the output of mib2c, and fill in the missing
blanks.

Dave

DISCLAIMER:

intended
for the named recipient(s) only.
It shall not attach any liability on the originator or NECHCL or its
this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the
opinions of NECHCL or its affiliates.
distribution and / or publication of
this message without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail is
strictly prohibited. If you have
immediately. .