                                       ^^^^^^^
        You mean "snmpset", right?  Otherwise, I've found your problem...

> snmp-server pw-check" enabled on Load Balancer.
> Uploading the configuration to tftp worked for both.
>
> But, no joy still with the load balancer (real server) add/modify.

        It can be tough to work through these things sometimes.  The web page
you pointed to is very helpful, though, and strongly suggests you should be
able to manage through SNMP.

                Try this:

$ snmpset -v1 -c rwcommunity 10.10.10.253 . snL4RealServerRowStatus.1 i
notInService snAgGblPassword.0 s my-password
$ snmpset -v1 -c rwcommunity 10.10.10.253 . snL4RealServerName.1 s
my-new-server-name snL4RealServerRowStatus.1 i active snAgGblPassword.0 s
my-password

        HTH,

Mike