On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 5:53 AM, Peyush Kumar <peyush.ku...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> Can someone please suggest on follwoing
>
> I am using Snmp Proxy - agent architecture.
>
> I plan to implement same MIB in multiple devices D1, D2, ..Dn.
> Proxy should be routing to right device using index in OID ( .0, .1.2.3.4)
>
> Can I use GetNext to browse thorugh all the devices D1, D2.

Yes.  I do this all the time.

I have a device (that we built) that contains a number of processors, each
one had its own SNMP agent.
And then my customer wanted a 'master' agent at a single published IP
address to query instead.

So what my master agent does when it get an OID, is extract a portion of the
indexes, and
uses that to determine both the IP address of the actual device to query and
the OID/indexes
on that target device.  It then uses SNMP to query the sub-device's agent,
gets its response,
rewrites the OID (and possibly the value) into the 'grand-unified' OID
format, and then returns
that to the querying NMS.