I have generated c code for some tables using mib2c and the
mib2c.mfd.conf configuration files. I also made a shared object file for
some scalars. I loaded them both and they both show up in the dlmod
table. All are set to read-create. The problem is, I can't set any
values in the table. I can set the scalars at will.

I get :

Error in packet.

Reason: notWriteable (That object does not support modification)

Failed object MY-MIB::myTableRowStatus.0

I am concerned that the code for myTable doesn't do the SET because of
some silly flag I may have missed. I implemented the sets and commits
etc. in the code, but it doesn't look like it is being called (in the
log file I have verbose debugging going on). I do however see the
following SET requests coming in:

-----------------------------------------------------------------.

<snip>

trace: _myTable_initialize_interface(): myTable_interface.c, 225:

myTable:init_myTable: Registering myTable as a mibs-for-dummies table.

snmpd: send_trap: Cannot send V1 PDU on V2 session

NET-SNMP version 5.4

Connection from UDP: [127.0.0.1]:51682

Received SNMP packet(s) from UDP: [127.0.0.1]:51682

  SET message

    -- MY-MIB::myTableRowStatus.0

...but no other debug messages involving row creation or even values
being initialized, which I expect to see.

I am sure I have missed a flag or failed to implement a function or some
similar problem. Is there a common mistake that I could have made?

Thank you,

Adam