        No, we distinguish (and the agent discriminates) SNMPv1 traps (which
are notifications) and SNMPv2 notifications (which are also used in SNMPv3).
SNMPv1 traps can be, and usually are, written in SMIv2.

> When rewriting an SMIv1 MIB into SMIv2, the OID is defined with
> an intermediate .0 between the enterprise value and the trap ID.

        The v2 notification has only an OID, not
enterprise-id/generic-trap/specific-trap.  However, if the second last
identifier of that OID is 0, then the notification can be converted to, and
received as, a v1 trap with an enterprise-id of all but the last two
identifiers, a generog-trap of 6, and a specific-trap of the final identifier.
The reverse transform is also applicable, and thus, such notifications "roud
trip".

> When writing a SMIv3 NOTIFICATION_TYPE from scratch, (not when up-
> converting)
> you _do not_ include the intermediate .0 ???

        I don't remember SMIv1, and I'm happier that way.  You would be, too.
:-)

> Ie. the intermediate 0 indicates a translated definition.

        *translatable*

        HTH,

Mike