On 18 February 2010 06:44, sanjaykumar <sanjay.ku...@globaledgesoft.com> wrote:
> Now I am able to get the data w r t IP-MIB::ipDefaultRouterTable
> As this Macro was not define "HAVE_LINUX_RTNETLINK_H"  so I define it in
> net-snmp-config.h
> That was a reason.

You may wish to look at the configure scripts for 5.4 and 5.5.
It's quite possible that the checks for <linux/rtnetlink.h> were
added to the 5.5 code, and the 5.4 setup isn't checking for
this header file.   Which would explain why the macro isn't
being defined.

> Now I have another doubt :
> As there is are lot of code has been added in
> agent/mibgroup/ip-mib/data_access/arp_linux.c:18 under macro
> "HAVE_LINUX_RTNETLINK_H" in net-snmp-5.5
> and I am porting  this Table to net-snmp-5.4.2.1.
> Hence
> Does this part of are required for  IP-MIB::ipDefaultRouterTable or for some

It will be part of retrieving the IP-related information using this particular
API.   Without poring through the code, I couldn't say exactly which
table(s) it is or isn't relevant for.

Your best course is probably to copy the whole of the mibgroup/ip-mib
tree from the 5.5 line into the 5.4 codebase, and recompile it that way.
That's likely to be simpler (and safer) than trying to merge individual
elements.