Hi Thomas,
  Yes, you are correct!. The problem it reported was with mib files and I
had not made 'make install'
Through 'net-snmp-config --default-mibdirs' I came to know that, we need to
copy the mib files to

/usr/local/share/snmp/mibs [but, the mib files were in /usr/share/snmp/mibs]

just copied all mib files to /usr/local/share/snmp/mibs and got it
working!!!

Thanks alot!
PAN.