Hi,

I'm looking to replace the Microsoft SNMP Service on a number of Windows 2003
servers with the Net-SNMP Agent.  This is straightforward unless the Microsoft
SNMP Service is depended upon by other services.  On many of our servers, the
MS service is depended on by several services from the HP System Insight
Manager (SIM) agent:

HP Insight Foundation Agents
HP Insight NIC Agents
HP Insight Server Agents
HP Insight Storage Agents

I would like to have the Net-SNMP agent listen on the standard SNMP ports (UDP
161 and 162).  It would be best if HP SIM could be configured to get its SNMP
data from the Net-SNMP agent instead of the MS agent.  Otherwise, I'd like to
find a way to have HP SIM get its data from the MS agent while leaving the job
of fielding outside SNMP gets to the Net-SNMP agent.

Is this doable?  If so, what would be the most straightfoward approach to
accomplish this?

Incidentally, I want to use the Net-SNMP agent so our SNMP manager (EMC
SMARTS/Ionix) can fully discover the servers' SNMP agents using V2C.

Thanks,
Dave Ulrick
Northern Illinois University
d-ulr...@niu.edu