On 18 March 2010 16:02, Martz, Peter <peter_ma...@cable.comcast.com> wrote:
> monitor -r 60 -o hrSWRunName "pjm: high cpu is WAY too high" hrSWRunPerfCPU >
> 1

OK - That makes sense.
    "Send a trap if the CPU usage of a process is too high,
     and include the name of the offending process.
     Repeat this check every 60 s"

> monitor -r 60 -o hrSWRunName "pjm: memorysize" hrMemorySize > 100

That doesn't.
    "Send a trap if the amount of installed memory is > 100Kb
     and include the name of the offending process.   (???)
     Repeat this check every 60s (????)"

How often are you installing new memory in your kit?!

> monitor -r 60 -o hrSWRunName "pjm: high process memory"
> 1.3.6.1.2.1.25.5.1.1.2 > 10

That makes sense again
   "Send a trap if the memory usage of a process is too high,
     and include the name of the offending process.
     Repeat this check every 60 s"

> ## This monitor trap gives me an error:  failed to run mteTrigger query
>
> monitor -r 60 -o hrSWRunName "Martz: CheckPoint CPU"
> 1.3.6.1.4.1.2620.1.6.7.2.4 > 1
>
> monitor -r 60 -o hrSWRunName "Martz: CheckPoint Connections"
> 1.3.6.1.4.1.2620.1.1.25.3  > 1

Again, these two probably don't make sense, unless the (private) MIB
objects you are querying use the same indexing as the hrSWRunTable.
In general, the additional payload objects you specify in a monitor
line should typically belong to the same table as the object being
monitored,  since the agent will append the relevant index subidentifier.

It's also worth checking whether this agent actually implements these
two MIB objects.  What happens if you run "snmpgetnext" on these
two OIDs?