The most likely problem is that you don’t have the NOTIFICATION-TEST-MIB loaded.

I tried this on a Centos 5 system and it failed.

Try this command:

net-snmp-config –snmpd-module-list

It will tell you all of the modules that are loaded.  I’m sorry to say that if
the module isn’t there, I don’t have the knowledge to tell you how to load it.
You may have to compile it in, or perhaps you know how to include it via the
snmpd.conf file.

Good luck.

Michael Peoples

Senior Systems Manager