On 13 April 2010 06:47, key <keyofm...@radiantech.net> wrote:

Where did you get the "monitor" line to use?
Because it doesn't seem sensible to me.

Let's pick it apart a bit:

> monitor -r 30 -S -e CPUTemperature1 -u radiant "CPU temperature 1"

Run some query every 30 s, and if it matches, then send the notification
identified by the token "CPUTemperature1".
   OK so far

>     -o
> SUN-PLATFORM-MIB::sunPlatNumericSensorTable.1.sunPlatNumericSensorCurrent

Append a varbind to the trap request, being the value of the
"sunPlatNumericSensorCurrent"
column object, from the same row that triggered the trap.
    OK so far

>     -o SUN-PLATFORM-MIB::sunPlatSensorTable.1

Append a varbind to the trap request, being the value of the overall
sunPlatNumericSensorEntry
internal object, from the same row that triggered the trap?
     How can you have a value from "the whole table" and from a
particular row at the same
time?   That simply doesn't make sense!

>     -I
> SUN-PLATFORM-MIB::sunPlatNumericSensorTable.1.sunPlatNumericSensorCurrent.2

Append a varbind to the trap request, being the value of
"sunPlatNumericSensorCurrent"
from row #2 - regardless of which row triggered the trap?
   That's syntactically valid (unlike the -o parameter above), but
doesn't really make much
sense semantically.   Why would you add the same
sunPlatNumericSensorCurrent value
to every single trap, even when reporting problems with a different sensor?

>     0 > 40

Send the a trap when 0 is more than 40 ?
    That doesn't make sense either.

I'm surprised this ever generates a trap in the first place.

But I'd suggest you start by fixing the nonsense in your original
monitor entry.