I am in a group, which develops a SNMP agent for monitoring and
configuring a system.

Some of the configuration changes, as well as management of users and
permissions, need to be logged to an audit log.
We need also to log attempts to modify the configuration, which were
blocked due to lack of permissions.
When logging a configuration change, we need to log the variable's value
both before and after the change.

I looked for hooks which would allow me to register, for an OID subtree,
an handler to be called after the regular handler, for the purpose of
logging the handled request's details and whether it succeeded.

However, the only hook support, which I found, is relevant for hooks
which pre-processes a request (such as for caching the requested data).

Before we resort to patching the net-snmp agent code:
Is there any standard mechanism to implement the functionality we need
for audit logging?
                                  Thanks,
                                       --- Omer Zak
--
Delay is the deadliest form of denial.    C. Northcote Parkinson

I may be affiliated in any way.