On 23 April 2010 22:07, Mike Ayers <mike_ay...@tva.tvworks.com> wrote:
>> But how do I implement this method if I want to monitor the value that
>> is a column in one table?
>
>        I believe the DisMan table can only moitor scalars.

Nonsense!

The DisMan Event MIB can monitor both scalars and table
elements quite happily.   *All* the examples discussed in
the documentation are table-based monitors - both the
linkUp/Down processing (monitoring elements from the ifTable),
and the UCD-specific "defaultMonitors" configuration
(monitoring elements from the various UCD tables).

Please re-read the descriptions in RFC 2981 of how the Event
MIB works, paying particular attention to the discussion of
objects vs instances.