On 24 May 2010 22:45,  <heins...@nkiconsulting.com> wrote:
>  where, specifically,  in the netsnmp agent are these callback functions
> being called

I'm no expert on this particular helper, but from a quick look at the code,
the 'delete_row' callback is invoked from 'process_set_group', as part
of the final passes of SET processing (COMMIT, FREE and UNDO)

There seem to be three main uses:
  - this helper holds two copies of the row being updated - "before" and "after"
    In all three passes, the 'delete_row()' call back is used to release the
    "before" copy once it's no longer required.      (lines 706, 745 &
765 respectively)

  - when a row is being created (but the request fails - FREE or UNDO), then
    'delete_row()' is called to release the new entry   (lines 740 and 769)

  - when a row is being delete (e.g. via RowStatus destroy(6))
successfully (COMMIT),
    then 'delete_row()' is called to release the relevant entry  (line 728)

> Furthermore, can someone point me in the right direction as to where the
> netsnmp_table_array_callback functions are defined

The callback functions are defined as part of the code generated by mib2c.
The structure listing the various callbacks is defined in the header file
   <net-snmp/agent/table_array.h>

>  (I can't find the prototype for UserRowMethod anywhere.)

This is also defined in that header file - lines 89-90:

   typedef netsnmp_index
        *(UserRowMethod) (netsnmp_index *);