On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 6:51 PM, Ron Rader <ron.ra...@cipheroptics.com>wrote:

>  I encountered a problem building the net-snmp v5.5 source (archive
> downloaded this morning 18 Jun 2010) on a system that builds correctly
> using v5.4.1.  The archive appears to be the same v5.5.rc3 generated on
> 23 Sept 2009.
>
>  Searching the list archives, the same problem appeared back in early
> April:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/net-snmp-users@lists.sourceforge.net/msg2490
> 0.html<http://www.mail-archive.com/net-snmp-users@lists.sourceforge.net/msg2490%0A0.html>
>
> where Bart Van Assche described it as a bug in the net-snmp configure
> scripts.
>
>  Found the corresponding bug tracker entry:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2985915&group_i
> d=12694&atid=112694<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2985915&group_i%0Ad=12694&atid=112694>
>
> and the associated patch to fix the problem (revision 18721):
>
> http://net-snmp.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/net-snmp?view=revision&revisi
> on=18721<http://net-snmp.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/net-snmp?view=revision&revisi%0Aon=18721>
>
>  I downloaded the patch and applied it to my local build directory, but
> now my net-snmp configure is broken:
>
> configure: error: Cannon find file
> ./snmplib/transports/snmpCallbackDomain.c to support SNMP transport
> domain Callback.
>
>  Have I entered a patch-chasing death spiral?  Are my only alternatives
> to attempt the workaround described in the bug, or download the v5.6
> release candidate?

Two alternatives are:
* Run the command below and apply the resulting patch on your local source
tree:
svn diff -c18721
https://net-snmp.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/net-snmp/trunk/net-snmp>r18721.patch
* Download the source code of the V5.5 branch (svn co
https://net-snmp.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/net-snmp/branches/V5-5-patches--
I have just backported r18721 to the V5.5 branch).

Any feedback is welcome.

Bart.