  From:  "Dave Shield"<d.t.shi...@liverpool.ac.uk>;
 Date:  Sat, Apr 24, 2010 04:52 PM
 To:  "Alexander King"<chenyapu1...@qq.com>; "Mike
Ayers"<mike_ay...@tva.tvworks.com>;
 Cc:  "net-snmp-users"<net-snmp-users@lists.sourceforge.net>;
 Subject:  Re: send a trap and location the specify column in multiple rows(the
sametable)

 On 23 April 2010 22:07, Mike Ayers <mike_ay...@tva.tvworks.com> wrote:
>> But how do I implement this method if I want to monitor the value that
>> is a column in one table?
>
>        I believe the DisMan table can only moitor scalars.
Nonsense!

The DisMan Event MIB can monitor both scalars and table
elements quite happily.   *All* the examples discussed in
the documentation are table-based monitors - both the
linkUp/Down processing (monitoring elements from the ifTable),
and the UCD-specific "defaultMonitors" configuration
(monitoring elements from the various UCD tables).
Please re-read the descriptions in RFC 2981 of how the Event
MIB works, paying particular attention to the discussion of
objects vs instances.

 >> Your meaning is the DisMan can deal with the table objects monitor,can you
 >> give me a example?
 and how the sentv2trap deal with when the monitor object is one column of the
row?

 That is to say,How I can mapping the data in the send_uitUPSTraps_trap( void )
function,especially the
 upsXID,upsStatus are the columns in the table?

 Should I just do the thing use DisMan way and config the snmpd.conf?

 int
send_uitUPSTraps_trap( void )
{
    netsnmp_variable_list  *var_list = NULL;
    oid uitUPSTraps_oid[] = { 1,3,6,1,4,1,30901,2090,7000,5,0,22 };
    oid upsXID_oid[] = { 1,3,6,1,4,1,30901,2090,7000,2,2,4,1,1,2, /* insert
tableindex here */ };
    oid upsStatus_oid[] = { 1,3,6,1,4,1,30901,2090,7000,2,2,4,1,1,8, /* insert
tableindex here */ };
     /*
     * Set the snmpTrapOid.0 value
     */
    snmp_varlist_add_variable(&var_list,
        snmptrap_oid, OID_LENGTH(snmptrap_oid),
        ASN_OBJECT_ID,
        uitUPSTraps_oid, sizeof(uitUPSTraps_oid));
     /*
     * Add any objects from the trap definition
     */
    snmp_varlist_add_variable(&var_list,
        upsXID_oid, OID_LENGTH(upsXID_oid),
        ASN_OCTET_STR,
        /* Set an appropriate value for upsXID */
        NULL, 0);
    snmp_varlist_add_variable(&var_list,
        upsStatus_oid, OID_LENGTH(upsStatus_oid),
        ASN_INTEGER,
        /* Set an appropriate value for upsStatus */
        NULL, 0);
     /*
     * Add any extra (optional) objects here
     */
     /*
     * Send the trap to the list of configured destinations
     *  and clean up
     */
    send_v2trap( var_list );
    snmp_free_varbind( var_list );