Hello,

Thank you for accepting my subscription for net-snmp. I have been trying to
find out the reason for snmptrapd to drop traps, and found upon searching on
Google that many have faced the same problem.

I found that the parameter *serverRecvBuf* can be increased by specifying
the value in *snmp.conf*. Can you please tell me how can I do that? The
version of Net-SNMP I use is *5.3.2.2*, and my snmp.conf contains only two
directives: mibdirs and mibs. How can I find the current value for
serverEcvBuf?

Also, the manpage for snmp.conf says the following:

*serverRecvBuf INTEGER
              specifies the desired size of the buffer to be used when
receiving incoming SNMP requests.  If the OS hard limit is  lower  than
              the  serverRecvBuf value, then this will be used instead.
Some platforms may decide to increase the size of the buffer actually
              used for internal housekeeping.*

Is serverRecvBuf specified in bytes or KB? (Or MB?) How does one find out
the "OS hard limit"? I have a Linux box: Linux 2.6.18-128.1.6.el5

Thank you,

Trupti