On 10 August 2010 08:14, Gaurav Chaturvedi <gauravchaturve...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am using net-snmp v5.5. On loading a particular MIB (attached with the
> mail), my program crashes on "init_snmp" API.
> On removing this MIB from the MIB directory, everything works fine.
>
> Please share your views on what may be the issue in this case.

Well the obvious error in this MIB is in the TRAP-TYPE definition:

   EventMonitorTrap TRAP-TYPE
              ENTERPRISE  "EMC CLARiiON Advanced Storage Solutions"
              VARIABLES   { .....}
              DESCRIPTION
                          "...."
              ::= 2

The ENTERPRISES clause is meant to contain the object identifier (name
or numeric OID) of the defining enterprise.   It's not an arbitrary string.
See RFC1215, section 2.2.1 for a typical example.

That's almost certainly the cause of the crash.
There are some other errors as well
   (OBJECT-TYPE should probably be imported from RFC1212 rather than 1155,
    TRAP-TYPE is not imported at all, and the EventMonitorTrap name is
    invalid - it needs to start with a lower-case letter)
        but I doubt those are likely to cause any real problems.

It'll be the bogus enterprise value that's hitting you - try replacing
it with 'clariion'
and see if that works any better.