On 12 August 2010 09:28, Markus Hofer <markus_ho...@gmx.at> wrote:
> So I understood that if in SNMPCONFPATH several different paths for a
> snmpd.conf are specified then each of these files will be loaded.
>
> Will the result of this overall configuration be a mixture of all
> configuration
> files specified in SNMPCONFPATH?

Yes.
Essentially think of this as concatenating all of these config files
together into one big file, and then processing that.

> If I specified v2 communities in one of these .conf files is it
> possible to redifine or even undifine these v2 communities
> by another, more specific, later loaded .conf file?

I'm not sure.   It probably depends on exactly what you are trying to do.

Try experimenting with two or three directives in a single file,
and see how they interact.   You ought to get the same effect
as if those directives were spread across multiple files.