Hi!
I am trying to build net-snmp-5.5 on Windows-7 and am stuck at the point where
"netsnmpmibssdk" is to be built.

Build instructions that I followed are from
http://net-snmp.sourceforge.net/docs/README.win32.html --> "5. Build the
applications" --> "MS VC++ 7.0+:"

Projects libagent, libhelpers, libnetsnmptrapd and libsnmp built without any
problem.
Building "netsnmpmibs(sdk)" is posing problems (BTW, I am using win32sdk.dsw
workspace).

When the original netsnmpmibssdk project is compiled it throws up a file not
found error.

1>Compiling...
1>setSerialNo.c
1>winExtDLL.c
1>..\..\agent\mibgroup\winExtDLL.c(105) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open
include file: 'Snmp-winExtDLL.h': No such file or directory
1>util_funcs.c

On digging up further, I found that winExtDLL.c has a note as follows:

                 * @note The <Snmp.h> header file from the Microsoft Windows
Platform SDK is
 *   required for compiling this    agent extension module. Some definitions in
 *   <Snmp.h> conflict with Net-SNMP definitions, e.g.   ASN_OCTETSTRING. To
 *   To resolve this, create a copy of Snmp.h in the same directory as this
 *   source            file (winExtDLL.c), rename it to Snmp-winExtDLL.h and
change all
 *   occurrences of ASN_ to MS_ASN_.

After doing this change it gives errors on macro redefinition and undeclared
identifiers for MS_ASN_xxx variables.

Am I missing out some step here? Please advise.

Thank you,
Vinod