BL> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lperl
BL> where should "perl" come from?

I find it odd that configure thought it found it but then failed to link
with it.

But...  you can just re-run configure with --without-perl-modules and
--disable-embedded-perl to have it not turn on the perl support.

(unless you need it; then we'll dive further into the problem)
--
Wes Hardaker
Cobham Analytic Solutions