Try using iterate / table.conf file in mib2c , this works..

-----Original Message-----
From: kavita raghunathan [mailto:kraghuna2...@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 23, 2010 2:07 AM
To: net-snmp-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Cc: net-snmp-cod...@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: mib2c does not like object syntax "IpAddress"

Hello, even though I import IpAddress, I get an error while generating c files
that looks like this:

writing to defaults/table-sfOWBFarEndTable.m2d
Starting MFD code generation...
writing to sfOWBFarEndTable.h
| +-> Processing table sfOWBFarEndTable
writing to defaults/node-sfOWBifIndexNearEnd.m2d
writing to defaults/node-sfOWBFarEndSerialNumber.m2d
writing to defaults/node-sfOWBFarEndLocationField.m2d
writing to defaults/node-sfOWBFarEndIPInBand.m2d
writing to defaults/node-sfOWBFarEndIPoutOfBand.m2d
writing to defaults/node-sfOWBFarEndMACOutOfBand.m2d
writing to defaults/node-sfOWBFarEndMACInBand.m2d
writing to defaults/node-sfOWBFarEndNumber.m2d
writing to sfOWBFarEndTable.c
writing to sfOWBFarEndTable_data_get.h
writing to sfOWBFarEndTable_data_get.c
| |   +-> Processing nonindex sfOWBifIndexNearEnd
| |   +-> Processing nonindex sfOWBFarEndSerialNumber
| |   +-> Processing nonindex sfOWBFarEndLocationField
| |   +-> Processing nonindex sfOWBFarEndIPInBand

ERROR: unknown node.decl: in_addr_t

Imports line in MIB looks like this:
 MODULE-IDENTITY, OBJECT-TYPE, NOTIFICATION-TYPE,
    Counter32, Integer32, Gauge32, Counter64, IpAddress
        FROM SNMPv2-SMI

and the object looks like this:
iPoutofband OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      IpAddress
    MAX-ACCESS  read-only
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
        "Far End IP out of band"
  ::= { iPoutofbandtable 6 }

If I change the type of the object to INTEGER, it works. So, I have proved that
mib2c does not like IpAddress. But, I have to use IP address for this object
type, because it is an Ip address. Please help!

Kavita