MP> We have a situation where in the subagent proces is getting killed
MP> without any core dumps, while this is happening, one of the managers
MP> added (first one in the list) to snmpd.conf is getting removed from
MP> the snmpd.conf file. We dont see any logs that the subagent is
MP> doing this removal. Is this possible from agent side ? or is
MP> this kind of a memory corruption happening on the system..any idea?

Added to which snmpd.conf file in what list?

The subagent certainly shouldn't be modifying any information in the
master agent, and the master agent shouldn't be losing information.

Which snmpd.conf is getting replaced?  You shouldn't be editing the one
in /var/net-snmp/ by hand.
--
Wes Hardaker
Cobham Analytic Solutions